I love sandwiches.
I know, weird thing to say. I mean, no-one dislikes sandwiches, do they? However, I’m not sure many people think they’re anything special. I beg to differ. They’re great.
And this one is my very favourite, my staple, the easiest and best-tasting sandwich ever. This sandwich is God. Even though there isn’t technically a recipe, I’ll walk you kids through here step by step, just so the entire end product isn’t lost on you!
Part 1: Preparation
- Toast two slices of whole-wheat bread until browned. Let cool.
- Cook an egg white in the microwave until done.
- Thinly slice some cucumber, tomato, and cheddar cheese.
Part 2: Assembly
- Spread some garlic hummus on both slices of bread.
- Layer egg white, cucumber, tomato, cheddar, and ham on the first slice of bread.
- Cover with the second slice; cut into two pieces for ease of handling.
Part 3: Enjoyment
This sandwich is fantabulous by itself, but it can also hold its own when served with raw veggies, nuts, or dried fruits. Take it for your lunch… it keeps well in a sandwich container!
And voilà! The world’s best kitchen sink sandwich!